Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Getting here

So far this journey has been anything but usual and smooth. This is a frustration, but so much more than that, a blessing. Here's the story (I will write some excerpts from my journal into this)

June 27-30, 2008
at the airport the family contributed more to get me on the flight than I did. What with all their guidance and direction I couldn't NOT get there: "push that button." "Don't carry your purse like that." "Walk this way." "Keep your papers together!"...

Time wore on at the gate in Columbus as the flights to Philly goofed up over and over again. I eventually missed my connection into Hethrow (London) and becuase of that I spent the next two days with my Aunt Melanie in Philly. I also ended up in Delaware, and Jersey.

I went the historical district all day on Saturday. We walked around the same square 5 blocks all day long. I loved the history and the prevelance of actors telling stories, giving tours, and simply playing into the atmosphere.

On Sunday we went out to Cape May. It was beautiful. I enjoyed relaxing (sometimes sleeping!) in the sun and being bullied by the bay's waves. Aunt Mel gets up early and has mannerisms so like Papa that I second guess who I'm with sometimes. Twins...

Sunday night I left for the airport. Once I got there there were many people waiting everywhere.


July 2, 2008
Right now I am sitting in Shada's house in the suk eating the best baTikh (watermelon) i've ever had. It's not seedless and tastes a bit like the earth. Our baTikh in the U. S. is good, yes, but it is missing the real-ness. This is a hard thing to describe.

3 comments:

Patty said...

I can't wait until you write out the whole "getting there" story. What a convoluted journey.

Go with God.

kathy said...

Keep them coming Bec. It keeps us connected to you. I'll continue praying for you and know that you are missed already!!!
Love you bunches,
Aunt Kathy

kathy said...

p.s. Happy 4th of July!!!

F I R E W O R K S ! ! ! ! ! ! !